Mornings are never easy, but there are ways you can trick yourself into thinking that you’re morning person, without having to actually become one.
Plan Things The Night Before
It’s so much easier to get up in the morning if you have yourself sorted the night before. You can have your outfit laid out on your chair, your lunch packed in your fridge and any of your documents or items that you need for the day ready in your bag.
Establish A Routine
Lea Sharp from Organic Coconut offers her advice to become a morning person.
“Create a routine and hang it in clear site, like in the kitchen or on a bathroom mirror
- Start each day with a warm glass of water and a squeeze of lemon
- Practice gratitude, write down 3 things you're grateful for each morning
- Enjoy a quick 10 minute yoga routine
- Have a wholesome breakfast complete with healthy fats and protein
- Don't forget your vitamin B's
- Get an early night! Make sure you're in bed and asleep by 10pm
- Set your alarm for the same time every morning” Find out more about Organic Coconut by following them on Facebook and Twitter.
Don’t Hit The Snooze Button
It’s so easy to hit snooze for another ten minutes, but it can really backfire when it comes to trying to wake up in the morning. Rather than hit snooze, get out of bed when your alarm rings (it sounds so easy, doesn’t it?) and spend the next ten minutes waking up as you get ready. You can spend ten minutes waking up as you make your breakfast, brush your teeth and get dressed. Take your time, you don’t have to rush.
Wash Your Face When You Wake Up
A good way to wake yourself up is spraying your face with some cold water. Turn on your bathroom tap, make sure the water is cold, and give your face a good splash. That’ll wake you up.
Make Your Bed
A good way to wake yourself up and get some cardio into your day is by making your bed. I bet you can hear your mum saying “told you so!” in the back of your head. In all honesty, making your bed not only checks off the first task of the day, but it promotes productivity for the rest of it. Make sure you fluff up your pillows too, they’ll be extra comfy when you go to sleep that night!
The Perfect Morning
Actress, producer and SEO strategist, Bec Caldwell knows all about busy mornings. She offers her advice for those who want to fake their way to being a morning person.
“1. Listen to a motivational meditation or get pumped track while still lying in bed (techno songs without words, or something from Relax Melodies app are great)
2. Pre-prepare your Nutribullet with ingredients so you just need to blitz it in the morning for your breakfast shake
3. Have a cooler than usual shower to increase circulation
4. Dance for 10 minutes!” Find out more about Bec Caldwell by following her on Instagram and Facebook.
You can easily fake your way to becoming a morning person, it’s just learning a new skill. You can get so much more done in the day once you actually get out of bed!