Another year is slowly coming to an end. Where did all that time go? With 2018 peeking its head out, it’s time to start looking forward to new beauty trends. However, no matter what the next trend could be, there’s nothing more fashionable than clean, clear skin. Here are some beauty trends we’re predicting for 2018, and some ways you can maintain flawless skin, no matter the skin type.
MyDeal Pro Tip:
For flawless, clean skin, make sure you keep your bed linen clean. There are billions of bacteria that nest in your sheets, which can wreak havoc on your skin. Gross, right? Even after you shower, your hair and skin produces oil, which end up on your pillow and sheets, which in turn, end up on your face. Enjoy clean, fresh skin with some luxurious bed sheets from MyDeal, and watch the difference in your skin. It’s not just your sheets, though. You need to keep your duvet cover upgraded too, as they gather just as much skin, dust and oil as your bed sheets. You should be cleaning your bed sheets and duvet covers every week. Upgrade your old quilt cover with some luxurious bedding, and enjoy your skin’s improvement.
Kim Good | ImportAnts
“We are all beautiful but each of us has different skin types with different individual needs. The changing seasons and our general health can affect our skin and sometimes it is hard to keep on top of these changes. So for that reason, Dry Body Brushing is possibly the most effective treatment for all skin types. Dry Body Brushing has multiple positive effects beyond just working as a natural exfoliant. The action of dry brushing increases blood circulation and encourages cell production giving your skin a healthy glow. It also stimulates your lymphatic system, speeding the flow of toxins from your body and allowing your skin to more easily absorb nutrients. So the only choice you need make is whether you prefer a medium strength Eco Max body brush or a soft jute Princess brush for more sensitive skins.” Find out more about ImportAnts by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
Mituri Sharma | Nim-Veda
“1. Rosehip Oil is excellent in regenerating new skin cells and has great anti-ageing properties that will leave your skin feeling fresh, youthful and rehydrated, and assists in minimising scarring.
2. Ashwagandha oil acts as an anti-stress and adaptogenic herb and is one of the main herbs used to rejuvenate the body. With its anti-wrinkle properties, Ashwagandha oil is excellent in fighting the signs of ageing.
3. Brahmi Oil is a powerful blood purifier and assists in treating chronic skin diseases including eczema and psoriasis. It also helps to reduce the signs of ageing and is excellent in reducing the effects of depression and fatigue.” Find out more about Nim-Veda by following them on Facebook.
MyDeal Pro Tip:
The sixties are back in a big way. Colourful, block eyeshadow with clean and natural looking skin is the next big thing. Block eyeliner and long lashes are still in, but it’s time to get a little experimental. Get graphic with your eyeliner; make a statement. Rather than putting large bottom lashes on, you can always try embellishing your lower lash line with crystals. This isn’t just a festival trend anymore, it’s high fashion.
Anna Mitsios | Edible Beauty Australia
“As our lives get busier we are expecting more from our beauty products in terms of speed of results and therapeutic power. I do feel that 2018 will be the year that natural products will be regarded as effective as cosmeceuticals and chemical based beauty procedures, providing very fast and efficient results without compromising our health. Natural botox is just around the corner!” Find out more about Edible Beauty Australia by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
Dr Christine May | Facewell
5 Steps For Getting Healthy Looking Gums
“1. Brush gently along the gum lines twice daily (they'll bleed for the first 5-7 days if you've not done this before, then it should stop)
2. Clean between your teeth once daily with floss, flossettes or interproximal brushes. Flossettes are often the easiest to start with. Again if you haven't done this much before, your gums will bleed, and feel sore, then itchy afterwards for the first 5-7 days. Think of it like starting a gym regime for your gums!
3. See a dentist or hygienist for a clean. There's likely to be tartar or calculus buildup between the teeth that irritates the gums and prevents your ability to get them firm and healthy. The dental professional can also give you personalized brushing and flossing tips specifically for your mouth so you too can be a pro in no time!
4. Keep doing this for nice looking gums and good oral health for life.
Healthy gums look firm with little tiny dimples called stipples. They have smooth rolled margins (the edge where the gum meets the tooth). The colour should match the colour of your skin ranging from light pink to dark brown (just like this pic).
5. Healthy gums should be free from redness, swelling, bleeding or unpleasant smells. Giving you gums to love” Find out more about Facewell by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
Natalie | Kindred Toxin Free Facials
“Regardless of skin type, you need to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water - there’s a reason everyone says the same thing! Other tips I give clients of all different skin types is to massage skin nightly to promote collagen production, drain the lymphatic system, use an oil cleanser like Miskin’s Smooth Oil Cleanser to nourish skin while cleansing, and use muslin or bamboo cloths to gently exfoliate the skin day and night.” Find out more about Kindred Toxin Free Facials by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
Dr Louisa Yim | Total Bliss Beauty
"Cleanse your skin & clean your tools
For healthy skin and reduce breakouts, it is important to remove oil, makeup and environmental impurities daily. Brushes can harbor bacteria and re-infect the skin. Wash with shampoo and conditioner. Remember to dry the brushes on a dry towel by laying them on the side. This will prevent the hairs breaking off from the glue. No one wants a boldie!
Look at the ingredients on the label.
If you are buying organic skincare, make sure to look out for certified organics or made with % organics. Many products claim organic component but only a few ingredients are organic based.
Ensure a balanced diet and cut out highly processed food, smoking and alcoholic. Our skin is a reflection of what we eat.
Appreciate the work of your beauty therapist.
Regular skincare routine: cleanse, moisturize, protect and correct."
Find out more about Total Bliss Beauty by following them on Facebook.
MyDeal Pro Tip:
Say goodbye to matte lips, gloss is back. From glossy eyelids to highlighted cheekbones and glossy lips, it’s the latest trend that’s taking storm. The natural glow is back to reigning, so if you’ve been secretly missing a super glossy lip, your time to shine is now!