Everyone wants to be unique; to be different from the rest; to be themselves. However, in a world where young people are replicating what they see on social media, it seems as if we’re slowly turning into a cluster of (more or less) the same person. Here are some ways you can be yourself, and stand out in a crowd.
Find Your Unique Style
In a world that is dictated by social media, it’s hard to find people that are unique in terms of fashion and style. Even designers are beginning to look like one another, and whatever you find on the runway, you’ll see on social media from fast fashion brands only a few weeks later which will, in turn, be seen on pretty much everyone. With such an insular world of style, it can be hard to find your own personal twist on what’s on trend. At home, you can be yourself and stay on trend by adding stylish and unique furniture from MyDeal, so you can keep your unique sense of style, without looking like everyone else. Take staple items from the current trends, such as millennial pink, or gingham, and inject it with your other clothes. This can make you appear that you’re savvy with the latest trends, without looking like a total trend-victim.
John Tilley from Outdress shares his fashion advice. “Being fashionable and on-trend EVERY weekend in now affordable for men and women with the Outdress app! You can now wear outfits worth hundreds of dollars by renting them for a fraction of the price - up to 90% off the retail price. Zimmermann, Asilio, Ixiah the Label, Thurley, M.J Bale. We're essentially the Airbnb of fashion - without the fees. So, start standing out from the crowd and look fabulous by lending your next outfit on our totally free peer-to-peer clothes renting marketplace.” Find out more about Outdress by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
A First Impression
Emmanuella Grace from Find Your Voice Australia shares her insight for first impressions. “When people first see us they asses 3 things.
2) sexually attractive
3) friendly - If you can embody these things standing out from the crowd is not so hard. People who are tall, make eye contact and smile immediately stand out. My husband and I are often told we stand out in the crowd and it is because we do these three things (and being 5'9" redhead and 6'5" blond respectively doesn't hurt either). We don't deliberately aim to stand out or seek attention but when you genuinely feel confident in who you are then your natural demeanor that shows others that you are dominant, attractive and friendly come naturally. And the best thing is that anyone can learn to be that way.” Find out more about Find Your Voice Australia by following them on Facebook and Instagram.
Standing Out In Your Industry
Elite woman, Pam Brossman shares her advice. “Here are just a few ways to become a 'stand out' in your industry:
- Self-publish an expertise book on Amazon and turn it into a #1 Best Selling book, instant global brand.
- Use colour or a favourite trinket, saying or #tag to create a signature brand using social mediums.
- Embrace technology faster than anyone else in your niche, industry or competition including digital mediums, live stream and any form of engagement medium.
- Create a niche specific topic and turn it into a podcast targeting a specific demographic obsessed on that topic.
- Create your own live stream TV show on your area of expertise, passion or hobby and become an influencer on that topic. You everywhere!
- Specifically for those with a career. Up-skill yourself above everyone else. If you want to stand out, do what everyone else is not prepared to do including learning skills outside your expertise, but of huge value to your industry and company. Innovation and proactive initiative is the fastest way to stand out and uplevel your income and career.” Find out more about Pam Brossman by following her on Facebook and Instagram. You can also get 50% off her book by using code: MYDEAL.
Take Care Of Yourself
An easy way you can make sure you’re being your true, authentic self is keeping healthy. Eating a balanced diet, with a fair amount of exercise, along with good sleeping patterns can help improve your health, lower your stress levels and make yourself happier overall. These three things are essential for good health. Sleep is very important too, as the right amount of sleep on a quality mattress from MyDeal can decrease levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and keep you feeling your best, which makes you be your true self.
Most Importantly, Be Yourself
Stacia Karina Beazley from The Art of Relating shares her tip. “As scary as it may sound, no one else on the planet is as unique as you are. The catch is to shed all of the social conditioning you’ve accumulated that keeps you small, safe and ‘fitting in’ so that the true you can shine. This isn’t just something you can change overnight. It’s a step by step process of coming home to yourself, to know who you are and to share the unique gifts and qualities that only you can – because no one else is YOU.” Find out more about The Art of Relating by following them on Facebook.