Watch Out (A Cappella)
South Indiana - Take 1
South Indiana - Take 2
Red Hot Jam - Take 1 (Bonus Track)
Red Hot Jam - Take 2
I Held My Baby Last Night
I Can't Hold Out
Bobby's Rock (Bonus Track)
I Need Your Love
Horton's Boogie Woogie (Bonus Track)
I Got the Blues
- Digitally remastered reissue of the 1969 album. This CD has bonus tracks that are outtakes.
- Personnel: Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar); Danny Kirwan, Buddy Guy (guitar); Big Walter Horton (harmonica); J.T. Brown (tenor saxophone); Otis Spann (piano); Willie Dixon (upright bass); Mick Fleetwood, S.P. Leary (drums).
- Liner Note Author: Mike Vernon.
- Recording information: Chess Tel-Mar Studios, Chicago, IL (01/04/1969); Chess Ter-Mar Studios, Chicago, IL (01/04/1969).
- This set, recorded at Chess Record's Ter-Mar complex in Chicago, pairs Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac with some of the Windy City's blues legends including Willie Dixon, Otis Spann, Buddy Guy, and David "Honeyboy" Edwards. Put together on short notice, and recorded in one day, the sessions have something of a ramshackle feel, but the energy of the performances transcends any shortcomings on this date. Dixon oversaw the proceedings, and can be heard during the between-song banter giving directions and chastising Walter "Shakey" Horton for missing his cues.
- Since the Peter Green-led Fleetwood Mac was so directly influenced by Chicago blues, the session acts as a kind of stylistic homecoming for the band. Bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood contribute driving rhythms while guitarists Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer lend both rhythms and the occasional lead. Green's stunningly fluid guitar work is at the fore, as usual. But the real treat is picking out the Chess players--Otis Spann's piano on "I Got the Blues," J.T. Brown's tenor sax on Elmore James's "I Can't Hold Out," or Guy and Edwards, who go toe-to-toe with Green on "Red Hot Jam," one of the session's indisputable highlights.
Producer: Marshall Chess, Mike Vernon
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Release Date: 19 July, 2004
Label: Fleetwood Mac
Dimensions: 14 x 1.3 x 12.7 centimeters (0.04 kg)