Home Ain't Where His Heart Is (Anymore)
Any Man Of Mine
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here!
The Woman In Me (Needs The Man In You)
Is There Life After Love?
If It Don't Take Two
You Win My Love
Raining On Our Love
Leaving Is The Only Way Out
No One Needs To Know
God Bless The Child
- Personnel: Shania Twain (vocals, handclaps); Larry Byrom (acoustic & electric guitars); Dann Huff (electric & slide guitars); Brent Rowan, Brent Mason (guitar, 6-string bass); Billy Crain (slide guitar); John Hughey, Paul Franklin (pedal steel guitar); Paul Franklin (pedal dobro); Sam Bush (mandolin); Ron Hajacos, Joe Spivey, Glen Duncan (fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); David Hungate (acoustic, electric & fretless bass); Brent Mason (6-string bass); Paul Leim (drums, percussion); Nick Keca (handclaps); Mutt Lange (background vocals, handclaps); The Nashville String Machine.
- Principally recorded at Sound Stage Studio, Nashville, Tennessee and A.R.P. Track Productions, St. Anne Des Lacs, Canada.
- THE WOMAN IN ME won a 1996 Grammy Award for Best Country Album. "Any Man Of Mine" was nominated for Grammys for Best Female Country Vocal Performance and Best Country Song. Shania Twain was nominated for the Grammy for Best New Artist.
- The low, sultry voice of Canadian Shania Twain serves her well on THE WOMAN IN ME. This is a compact collection of middle-of-the-road country, warped by the rock influence of Twain's producer/husband, Mutt Lange.
- Twain is not just a singer; she also co-wrote most of the songs with Lange, and they run the gamut from soft ballad to reeling rock. The opening track is a slow, slurry ballad that would be just as comfortable on the adult contemporary charts as on the country charts, and is reminiscent of Bette Midler's style of balladeering.
- The single "Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" is a bouncy shuffle that could bring Twain to the forefront of country music. Her vocal is pure country, straight from yesteryear, a matured Brenda Lee. But with thick, rock-oriented production, there isn't much, besides Twain's twang, that labels this album "country."
Format: Vinyl (1 Disc)
Guest Artist: Matt Rollings; Terry McMillan; John Jarvis
Release Date: 14 October, 2016
Dimensions: 31 x 0.2 x 31 centimeters (0.27 kg)