20ml ChemTools 8406 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive - Low Viscosity, Fast Cure Speed
Instant Adhesive 8406
Cyanocrylate adhesives offer a major advantage over other types of adhesive systems. They are a single componentadhesive, fast curing at room temperature, solvent free and resistant to many environmental factors.
CHEMTOOLS 8406 is low viscosity combined with fast curespeed, surface insensitive cyanoacrylate adhesive (CA). It is specifically formulated to bond difficult surfaces with high industrial strength..
Ideal for bonding rough, porous and acidic surfaces including Wood, Cardboard, Balsa Wood, Rubbers, Plastics, Metals, Leather, etc.
Wide variety of industrial manufacturing and repairingapplications
Meets Military specification MLLA 46050 Type II Class II
- One part adhesive
- Solvent free
- Fast curing at room temperature
- High Tensile shear strength
- Surpasses most other types of adhesives for bonding rubbers.
- Ideal for bonding rough, porous and acidic surfaces including Wood, Cardboard, Balsa Wood, Rubbers, Plastics, Metals, Leather, etc.
- Wide variety of industrial manufacturing and repairing applications
- Plastics 2-5 seconds
- Rubbers < 3 seconds
- Wood 1-5 seconds
- Leather 5-15 seconds
- Metals 8-10 seconds
- Ceramics 12-18 seconds
- Composition Ethyl Cyanoacrylate
- Appearance Colorless liquid
- Viscosity@ 25°C 20 cps
- Brookfield LVT Spindle 1@ 30 rpm
- Cured Adhesive
- Gap Filling 0.05mm
- Tensile Shear Strength 18-28 n/mm2
- Service Temperature Range -60 to +80ºC
- Full Cure 24 hours
- Melting Point Temperature 160 to 170ºC
Shear Strength ASTM D 1002/DIN 53283
- Grit Blasted Steel >20 N/mm2
- Etched Aluminum >18 N/mm2
- Rubbers >22 N/mm2
- Wood >25 N/mm2
- Polycarbonate >12 N/mm2
- ABS >10 N/mm2
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity, ASTM C177, W.m-1 k-1 0.1
- Glass Transition Temperature, ASTM E228, 122ºC
- Coefficient of thermal expansion, ASTM D696, K-1 75x 10-6
- Dielectric strength, ASTM D149, kV/mm 27
- Volume resistivity, ASTM D257, Ohm.cm 1 x 1016
- Dielectric constant, 25 ºC, ASTM D150 2.7
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, dust and grease free. Best result will be achieved with surfaces that have been lightly abraded immediately prior to bonding.
- If using accelerator apply to one component surfaceonly. Apply thin film of adhesive to the other surface and bring the pieces together immediately. Hold for few seconds without disturbing the joints.
- When bonding "O" rings, cut a fresh surface onto each end of the rubber to gain the best possible strength.
All our stock is kept in our Melbourne based warehouse. Our stock levels are also updated every 10 minutes! So if it says 10 units in stock, you can trust that it is accurate.
No PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers
At this stage we only use couriers and can only deliver to a road-side address. This means PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers cannot be accepted as StarTrack do not deliver to these addresses.
In instances where a PO Box or Parcel Locker address in entered, we may ask for an alternative road-side address, or cancel and refund your order immediately and urge you to replace your order with an alternative delivery address.
We typically dispatch our goods same day or next day. From there, you can expect 2 - 8 business days Australia wide. Most capital cities can expect 1-2 day delivery times.
Any RTS (Return to Sender) orders due to missing or incorrect address information entered by the buyer may incur an additional charge for redelivery.