- GREATEST HITS contains 12 hit songs and 5 newly recorded tracks.
- Personnel includes: Kenny Chesney, Randy Chesney (vocals); B. James Lowry (acoustic, electric & 12-string guitars); Tim Hensley (acoustic guitar, banjo); Don Potter (acoustic guitar); Clayton Mitchell, J.T. Corenflos, John Jorgenson, Michael Severs, Brent Rowan (electric guitar); "Cowboy" Eddie Lang, Jim Bob Gairrett, Sonny Garrish, Mike Johnson (steel guitar); Joe Spivey, Nick Hoffman, Rob Hajacos (fiddle); John Hobbs (piano, Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards); Barry Beckett, Phil Naish (keyboards); Larry Paxton, Steve L. Marshall (bass); Eddie Bayers, Chad Cromwell (drums); Curtis Young, Harry Stinson, Wes Hightower (background vocals).
- Producers: Kenny Chesney, Norro Wilson, Buddy Cannon, Barry Beckett.
- Compilation producers: Buddy Cannon, Norro Wilson, Kenny Chesney.
- Digitally remastered by Denny Purcell (Georgetown Masters, Inc., Nashville, Tennessee).
- Personnel: Kenny Chesney (vocals); B. James Lowry (acoustic guitar, acoustic 12-string guitar, electric guitar); Tim Hensley (acoustic guitar, banjo, background vocals); Don Potter (acoustic guitar); John Jorgenson, Michael Severs, Brent Rowan (electric guitar); Cowboy Eddie Long, Sonny Garrish (steel guitar); Rob Hajacos, Joe Spivey (fiddle); John Hobbs (piano, organ, keyboards); Phil Vassar (piano, background vocals); Bobby Ogdin (piano); Phil Naish, Randy McCormick, Barry Beckett (keyboards); Eddie Bayers, Chad Cromwell (drums); Eric Darken (percussion); Curtis Young, Harry Stinson, Shannon Brown, Wes Hightower, Liana Manis (background vocals).
- Audio Mixer: Kevin Beamish.
- Recording information: Emerald Sound Studios, Nashville, TN; Soundstage Studios, Nashville, TN.
- Editor: Chris Rowe.
- How does a guy without a gimmick establish a multi-album career successful enough to warrant a greatest-hits album in the market-based world of modern country music? Ask Kenny Chesney, whose GREATEST HITS nicely caps off the '90s portion of his output.
- He's got no boot-scootin' two-steppers, no novelty tunes, and no neo-trad veneer. As this compilation shows, Chesney has always chosen to simply play it straight, offering tender, romantic ballads ("Me and You," "All I Need to Know") and uptempo tunes that merge country roots with a decided pop-rock sensibility ("She's Got It All," "Back Where I Come From"). His flexible, unmannered singing style effectively wraps itself around whatever emotion the tunes--generally written by a stable of Nashville heavyweights--might require.
Format: CD (1 Disc); Stereo
Guest Artist: Randy Travis
Release Date: 26 September, 2000
Dimensions: 10.9 x 1.3 x 12.7 centimeters (0.03 kg)