Intro: Exert From 'Fanfare For The Common Man'
Honky Tonk Women
If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud
You Gotta Move
You Can't Always Get What You Want
- The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Keith Richards (vocals, guitar); Ron Wood (vocals, guitar, bass); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
- Additional personnel: Ian Stewart (piano); Billy Preston (keyboards); Ollie Brown (percussion).
- Engineers: Eddie Kramer, Keith Harwood, Ron Nevison.
- Recorded live in Paris, France and Toronto, Canada in 1976-1977.
- All tracks digitally remastered.
- Personnel: Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Keith Richards, Ron Wood (vocals, guitar); Billy Preston (vocals, keyboards); Charlie Watts (drums); Ollie E. Brown (percussion).
- Audio Remasterers: Stephen Marcussen; Stewart Whitmore.
- By the time the Rolling Stones got around to issuing the third live album of their career, 1977's LOVE YOU LIVE, the legendary band had reinvented itself from a dangerous and sleazy rock & roll group to a more polished arena rock outfit. That said, the group was going through one of the rockiest and most uncertain periods of its lengthy career; Keith Richards had just been busted for heroin possession in Canada with the threat of a long prison sentence hanging over his head, new member Ron Wood was still finding his niche in the band, and Mick Jagger appeared more concerned with jet-setting.
- So it's a pretty impressive accomplishment that the Stones could present such a fun and spirited performance as the one featured on LOVE YOU LIVE (taped at a rare club appearance at Toronto's famed El Macombo). Though not exactly in league with one of rock's all-time great live sets, 1969's GET YER YA YA'S OUT, LOVE YOU LIVE contains many highlights, such as the funky "Hot Stuff," the Richards-sung "Happy," several blues covers that kick off disc two ("Mannish Boy," Chuck Berry's "Around and Around," etc.) and an awesome, album-closing triple punch of "Brown Sugar," "Jumpin' Jack Flash," and "Sympathy for the Devil."
Format: CD (2 Disc); Stereo
Guest Artist: Billy Preston
Release Date: 10 November, 2009
Dimensions: 14.4 x 1 x 12.8 centimeters (0.07 kg)